Family Support Group
Family Support Groups are for relatives and others involved with individuals dealing with mental illness. Groups are led by trained family members of individuals affected by mental illness.
Family Support Groups are an important free resource for families who have a loved one with a mental illness. Knowing that others have had the same experiences is a relief to families who have seldom spoken about mental illness to neighbors, friends, or, often, even relatives. Learning that others have been able to work out some common issues can inspire hope.
What Will You Gain?
Through NAMI Family Support Groups, you will find:
- A network of friends who care and understand
- Ideas that help you take care of yourself and your family
- A chance to share your experience and learn from others who have been there
- Information about brain disorders, treatment and services
What Are People Saying?
“The most beneficial thing for me was that I am not alone. I found the NAMI Family Support Group at the time I really needed it!”
Please join us for our family support groups.
Family Support Group for friends and families of someone with a mental health condition
– First and Third Tuesday of every month IN PERSON at the Drop-In Center
814 Harrison St. in Oak Park
7:00 – 8:30 pm
Parent Support Group for Parents of Tweens/Teens: Improving Teen Mental Wellness
– Cancelled for the month of October but will resume in November
– First Thursday of Every Month, 7-8:30 pm IN PERSON at First Congregational Church of Western Springs, 1106 Chestnut Ave, Western Springs, IL
Park in the lot on Woodland and enter by the playground
Family Support Group in Spanish
Fourth Thursday of Every Month, 6:30-7:30pm IN PERSON at the Quinn Center of St. Eulalia Church, 1832 S. 8th Ave, Maywood, IL
Park in the lot at S. 8th Ave and Bataan Drive and enter door #3
You can also connect with other family members through NAMI Metro Suburban’s Private Facebook Group. Email email@example.com for more information.
Contact NAMI’s Family Support Specialist for private support at 708.524.2582, x. 108 firstname.lastname@example.org